Hover to see full image

 

Bank History

Rushville State Bank opened its doors as the Bank of Schuyler County on January 4, 1890 in the same location we operate from today. The name was later changed to Rushville State Bank in 1912.

The Rushville Times newspaper office was originally located where the Bank now stands until 1882, when the building was destroyed by fire. In 1889, Edwin Dyson, editor of the Times, began development of a new two-story building on the site of the previous building. Before completion, the building and lot were sold to the Bank of Schuyler County for $2,500.00, and the Times was moved to the second floor rooms.

The Rushville State Bank Annex, located directly north of the bank on Liberty Street, was purchased from Jerry Thurman in 1988. The building was originally built in 1953 by Boehm & Sons after a fire destroyed the Hotel Schuyler on February 6, 1945. The Annex presently houses the Rushville State Bank data processing department, and the Bank’s Trust Department and Investment Center.

In 2000, the drive-up was relocated to the South end of the Bank and expanded to three lanes with an ATM, following the purchase and razing of the Senior Citizen Building (former American Legion).

Many façade and internal renovations have taken place during our 125 year history, most recently a complete interior renovation in 2014.

Hover to see full image

 

Bank History

Rushville State Bank opened its doors as the Bank of Schuyler County on January 4, 1890 in the same location we operate from today. The name was later changed to Rushville State Bank in 1912.

The Rushville Times newspaper office was originally located where the Bank now stands until 1882, when the building was destroyed by fire. In 1889, Edwin Dyson, editor of the Times, began development of a new two-story building on the site of the previous building. Before completion, the building and lot were sold to the Bank of Schuyler County for $2,500.00, and the Times was moved to the second floor rooms.

The Rushville State Bank Annex, located directly north of the bank on Liberty Street, was purchased from Jerry Thurman in 1988. The building was originally built in 1953 by Boehm & Sons after a fire destroyed the Hotel Schuyler on February 6, 1945. The Annex presently houses the Rushville State Bank data processing department, and the Bank’s Trust Department and Investment Center.

In 2000, the drive-up was relocated to the South end of the Bank and expanded to three lanes with an ATM, following the purchase and razing of the Senior Citizen Building (former American Legion).

Many façade and internal renovations have taken place during our 125 year history, most recently a complete interior renovation in 2014.